This is a first look review of the Matrice 200 by DJI.
DJI announced it’s latest drone platform, the Matrice 200, on February 26th, 2017. While a unit was on display at the Mobile World Congress WMC in Barcelona, Spain; we had a second unit on display at the TechAdvantage utility conference in San Diego, California.
Key Features that make this unit stand out:
– Weather Resistance – IP43 Rated
– Obstacle Avoidance – Forward, Upward, Downward
– FPV Camera – Front facing camera/gimbal for pilot view
– Dual Batteries – Hot swappable, TB50 or TB55
– Flight Time – 38 min unloaded with TB55’s
– Compatible Cameras: Z30, XT, X4S, X5S
– Dual Gimbal Adapter – save inspection time with Z30 & XT on same flight
– Upward Gimbal Adapter – mount gimbal and camera on top to inspect underneath structures
– Integrated RTK GNSS system – giving centimeter grade positioning precision
– ADS-B Receiver – Avoid general aviation aircraft that use the ADS-B system